New Policy On Distance Learning In Higher Education Sector
In pursuance of the announcement of a hundred days schedules of HRD of the ministry through the Hon’ble Human Resources Improvement Minister, a New Policy On Distance Learning In the Higher Education Sector changed into the draft.
1. Regarding Entry 66 of List 1 of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India, the Parliament can make laws to coordinate and backbone standards in establishments for higher education for studies and scientific and technical institutions. Parliament has enacted legal guidelines for discharging this obligation through the University Grants Commission (UGC) for widespread Higher Education, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for Technical Education, and different Statutory bodies for other disciplines.
As regards higher training, through the space mode, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Act, 1985 was enacted with the subsequent prime goals, among others: (a) To offer possibilities for better schooling to a big phase of the population, specifically disadvantaged agencies dwelling in far off and rural regions, adults, housewives and working human beings; and (b) to inspire Open University and Distance Education Systems in the instructional sample of the United States of America and to coordinate and decide the requirements in such structures.
2. The history of distance learning or education via distance mode in India goes back to when the colleges started out imparting schooling via distance mode within the name of Correspondence Courses through their Directorate/School of Correspondence Education. In those days, the publications in humanities and/or in commerce had been presented via correspondence and brought via the ones who, due to diverse motives, including a restrained variety of seats in ordinary courses, employability, problems of getting admission to the institutions of better-gaining knowledge of and many others., couldn’t bring themselves enrolled within the traditional `face-to-face’ mode `in magnificence programs.
RELATED POSTS :
- Monitoring Employee Internet Use
- RIP-OFFS: Online Computer Repair and Remote Virus Removal
- The Emanating Industry of DVD Equipment, Gadgets, and Appliances
- Defeating Used Games: Why Incentives to Discourage Pre-Owned Gaming Are Awful
- So You Want to Make a Lot of Money on the Internet
3. Recently, the demand for better education has expanded quite in the u. S. Due to the focus on the significance of better schooling. In contrast, the higher education machine couldn’t accommodate this ever-increasing call.
4. Under the circumstances, several institutions along with deemed universities, personal universities, public (Government) universities, or even other establishments, which aren’t empowered to award stages, have begun cashing in on the scenario by using presenting distance training programs in a huge variety of disciplines, ranging from humanities to engineering and management and so on., and at distinct ranges (certificate to underneath-graduate and post-graduate degrees). There is constantly a chance that several institutions may become `degree mills’ imparting sub-preferred/negative first-class schooling, consequently eroding the credibility of levels and other qualifications awarded via the gap mode. This calls for much more coordination among many of the concerned statutory authorities, in most cases, UGC, AICTE, and IGNOU, and its source – the Distance Education Council (DEC).
5. The government of India had clarified its function regarding recognition of ranges earned via the gap mode for employment underneath it vide Gazette Notification No. 44 dated 1. Three.1995.