How to Get the Most Out of Your Mail Merge
: mail merge. Stay tuned for more about:
- Creating email templates
- Setting up defaults
- Testing fields
- Field naming conventions
Don’t waste your time creating the same mail merge campaign repeatedly– generate a template to save you time and grow and hack your mail merge campaigns.
is about giving the recipient a personalized experience, but getting your message right can take a while! So don’t waste time designing the same basic email repeatedly. Instead, take advantage of email templates.
Email templates allow you to keep your mail merge fields intact, which means you can kiss redoing your mail merge fields for every campaign goodbye.
When you set up mail merge email templates, make sure you follow these best practices to ensure they help your business grow as much as possible:
- Don’t get too crazy with the content. Have you ever heard that less is more? That absolutely applies here. Templates work best for quick messages you blast out to a broad audience.
- Don’t overuse fields. Less is more, remember? Including your recipient’s name in the greeting is a nice touch– including it in every other sentence may be a bit too much. Ensure you strike a good balance and only use your mail merge fields where relevant.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread. No email is immune to typos, not even templates. So, no matter how often you’ve used a template before, give it a quick once over before sending it out to ensure everything looks good.
We’ve all gotten emails missing information from a mail merge field. Set up default values to keep your messages clear, professional, and engaging.
that provide a better experience for recipients. And generally speaking, happy recipients mean more growth for your business.
In your next mail merge campaign, consider trying out more specific mail merge fields like:
- Geographical location
- Appointment times
- Discount groups
In mail merge, just like in most things, staying organized is essential to your success.
. On the other hand, getting creative with how you label your mail merge fields is not so much.
The organization is essential to most things in your professional life, and mail merge is no exception. However, if you aren’t careful about how you label each mail merge field, you could end up with the wrong information in your emails, and nobody wants that.
Here are our tips for avoiding trouble with your mail merge labels:
- Give mail merge labels the same labels the fields have in your database
- Avoid using abbreviations
- Make sure titles are meaningful (rather than a, b, c, d, for example)
A mail merge doesn’t have to be boring– using it effectively can be a great first step towards growth hacking your marketing strategy.
Mail merge has been the cornerstone of many marketing strategies for a long time, but there’s always room for improvement. Follow these 4 tips to get more out of your mail merge campaign, and then sit back, relax, and watch your company grow!